Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 3 weeks ago

Help I'm new to all pregnancy stuff?

Well I was 36 weeks pregnant but today I had my ultrasound and my reports showed that I'm 34 weeks pregnant. I asked my doctor about it she said the first ultrasound is accurate and all the other reports are just prediction of the baby  that can arrive. Now I want to know am I actually 36 weeks pregnant or 34 

• Pippin

You are 36 weeks. No idea why you had an ultrasound now, and how the tech could attempt to guess your date. (A baby born at 40 weeks could weigh 6 pounds ...or 12 pounds. So fetal weight at 36 weeks can also vary a lot.

• John P

No doctor, no medical team, can say for sure within several days exactly when you conceived, and thus exactly how many weeks pregnant you are. The difference between the end of the 34th week and the start of the 36th week is 7 days, so indeed you might be expecting to give birth in about 5 weeks time, if all goes according to the laws of averages.

The "due date" is also an average calculation. Mother Nature does like to spring surprises, so expect a normal birth within 3 to 6 weeks.

Certainly nobody seeing your question at long distance, as I am, can give any notion whether you are 34 or 36 weeks pregnant, or even 33 or 37 weeks.

Your doctor told you how far along you are.

• MissA

And you got that answer! From your doctor!

• Byrd

How on earth would we know