Why do my nails get dirty and how do I keep them clean? ?

I’ve recently been trying to grow out my nails after having short nails my whole life and they get SO dirty somehow! I use the tool on my nail clippers to scrape underneath them a few times a week and they’ll be clean as a whistle after I do that, but then they’ll somehow get dirty again. I don’t understand! I don’t push anything under my nails, I don’t see how they could get dirty but they do and I’m really not sure what to do about it. As I said, I clean them several times a week but when I go into work (I work as a cashier) and they somehow get dirt under them it makes me look unclean. I’ve inserted a picture of how they look. 

I use a soft nail brush to clean the dirt. It's much kinder to my fingers than scraping with a file or knife. What I find that causes the dirt is everyday living, such as cooking, cleaning, unpacking groceries. Also--and it depends on the climate where you live--I find winter gloves make my nails embarrassingly dirty. It's the linings and their shedding, I guess; but it's just awful.

i would contact someone in charge of that acct and let them help you with it

hello soak them in vingear if you smoke they might discolour alittle nails change due to the weather and personal things f you get to concerned go and see a professional person good luck thank you

I have long nails and that's a problem for me too. I have no idea what that gunk is but even after being in bed all day with migraine I have a crescent of crud under the nails. I either keep my nails painted or carry a nail file I'm my purse to scrape out the gunk.

• Ky3 weeks agoReport

I would love to paint my nails but my job won’t let me :/

cause youre using your hands everywhere, i would just clean them more often

• Ky3 weeks agoReport

I’m not using underneath my nails everywhere. 

Start by cutting your nails.