what is when veteran died and no spouse is living?

James, the term you are looking for refers to a "primary next of kin" (PNOK), which is the first person to be contacted when a serviceman dies. The criteria for determination on who gets notified is below, with a link provided courtesy of military.com:

"The designated PNOK is in order of precedence: that is, the first living survivor highest on the following list:

Member's surviving spouse.

If there is no spouse, then the eldest child over the age of 18 including those by prior marriage.

If there are no children over the age of 18, then father or mother of the deceased.

If there are no parents, then the eldest brother or sister or other blood relatives.

This system for determining PNOK will be used unless legal exclusive (sole) custody of the member had previously been granted to a person outside this order of precedence by reason of a court decree or statutory provision."

https://www.military.com/benefits/survivor-benefit...

And your Question Is?

• Daniel

Care to rephrase that in English?

Dead is dead.  Having a spouse has no bearing on deadness.  

The only difference is that someone other than a spouse is the next of kin--it's not rocket science.  The same rules apply when anyone dies.

They just die. I am a veteran, and unmarried. If I did, I just die. That's it.

• capitalgentleman

Well, I am only 60, so, I hope to be here a while yet! But, when I go, no-one here will know.

What?

..............

What happens is the same as for anyone else that dies without a living spouse.

He'll be cremated. A new policy by the Veterans Affairs.

He may bet burial benefits. Maybe not.

• .

He is dead, then gets buried somewhere