How to relieve food poisoning?

This morning I had leftover corned beef hash from a week ago and now I have horrible diarrhea.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Bill
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Best answer

not much you can do but no food and plenty of plain water to help flush out the bacteria

• 2 months ago

expired food probably

• 2 months ago

die and the food poisoning will go away R/technicallythetruth

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you havent got any medication for it, you may have to just 'ride it out'.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Eat yogurt 5-6 times each day until symptoms subside. It will help reestablish the good bacteria in your gut. Also important to stay hydrated. If you don't notice any improvement in 24 hours, go to the ER

Source(s): successfully treated food poisoning with yogurt twice
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's VERY unlikely something you ate this morning would produce symptoms of food poisoning so quickly. It can take several days.

If you have food poisoning (if you've had symptoms for several days) then you will need to see a doctor. They will probably request a stool sample which will be tested. Assuming it comes back positive then you will be given the appropriate treatment. When my partner and I had food poisoning (on separate occassions) we were given antibiotics which worked very quickly.

The idea that you should just “let it pass” or “ride it out” is ridiculous. Food poisoning can kill you. IF (and I stress, IF) you have food poisoning you need medical help.

• 2 months ago

Relax, it'll pass.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You should never store food over 4 days, at most, in the refrigerator.

• 2 months ago

Die in a different way before the food poisoning gets to you.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

My sister has never had sex. I feel bad for her.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.