julia asked in TravelAsia PacificThailand · 1 month ago

would an 18 year old get away with drinking alcohol in thailand?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Yes an 18 year old would get away with drinking alcohol in Thailand, especially if he or she is a foreigner. If the person looks very young, it may be an idea to carry ID with you, but in all honestly I wouldn't worry, you will always be able to find someone to serve you in Thailand.

• 4 weeks ago

Generally yes but it is not uncommon for the police to decide to make some extra money. 

• 1 month ago

As a foreigner living here in Thailand, you will not be checked at most establishments in Thailand other than the high-class lounges. But the drinking age is 20. Places like Pattaya, Bangkok entertainment areas will not check you. But police could raid a bar looking for underage drinkers. If this happens get out of the place if you can. The fine for Thai people is around 100 baht which is 3 dollars. They are going after the bar owner more than the customers.

• Tic-Tac-Toe
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

I said, Thai people. I never mention farangs fine. Are you someone here who like to let everyone know that you know more than anyone else here. I hope not. Because I hate that type of person.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

The drinking age in Thailand is 20, and it's in the interest of bar owners to enforce this, as establishments do occasionally get raided by police looking for underage drinkers and patrons under the influence of illegal substances.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

i would ask the people in thailand this question

Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Or you could admit that you have no clue.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would ask someone in thailand what their rules are

• Emdog
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

rules are generally whatever police feel like doing at the time. Things are different here. Been living here 18 years

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.