27 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Should be enough for basic needs but not for heavy graphics

• 3 weeks ago

You should consider at least 8gb as a lot of apps are memory hungry

• 3 weeks ago

Is it good? No.

If your only going to be browsing the internet it will do the job, but if you're looking to do more than just browsing you should get at least 8 gb.

• 3 weeks ago

4gb would do the job, but if you are using heavy programs then it will slow the computer down.

If you should go with 4gb of ram I suggest you go with a $1000 graphics card with dedicated graphic memory.

This is the way those Apple Macintosh computers work. They have very small ram and very small processors but a very expensive graphics card. That is why they are so fluid and responsive

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Tasm
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Minimum amount to be workable. 

• 3 weeks ago

Depends on what you are using it for. For gaming it is not good, for just surfing the web and running a PC it is adequate - but you would be better off with 8Gb as minimum and 16 if you can afford it. Memory is much cheaper these days and you can buy twi matched pair of DRAM from someplace like Kingston Memory or Amazon. They must be matched speed and RAM size don't intermix the RAM chips as if they work they will possibly cause issues and crashes.

• Edward
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

For just using it for school work yes. For using it for gaming, you might want an extra 4gb or an extra 12gb in the long run.

• 3 weeks ago

Generally no, but it depends on what you will be doing. 8gb is generally what I recommend for a minimum, where 16gb usually has most people totally covered for now.

• 3 weeks ago

Depends on what the computer is used for. Everyday email and surfing computer, 4Gb is fine. A gaming PC will struggle with only 4 Gb.

• 3 weeks ago

No. Most desktops come with 8-16 gb of memory.

I think 4 gb is good for an e-machine.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.