Should I rent a car?

I started a new job pretty far from my home and winter is coming up so I’ve been thinking of getting a car. But I can’t afford to purchase a car right now , I’m trying to get my own apartment plus school is coming up , I’m my Finances together . So I’ve been thinking about renting a car for 11 months because by then I’ll get everything going . Should I or is there another way ? 

• zipper

That is not a good idea, they charge a lot, it would be better to buy a used car in the long run.  Renting runs about $100.00 a day. the price would be more than a good used car!

It's best to just buy one

A long term rental would be crazy expensive. There are no leases for 11 months, which would be crazy expensive even if it were available. So your only option is buying a used car is good condition, keep it in good condition, and selling it after you no longer need it for a small loss of money.

I did this for a car for my granddaughter. I only lost $1000 for months of use of the car. We kept it clean and good condition before we sold it. Just make sure you don't overpay when you buy, and keep it clean before you sell.

• JetDoc

Stop trying to think, Skippy. It's obvious that you're not properly equipped for the task.

• Scott

It would cost a fortune to rent a car for 11 months. Try public transportation.

• Ron

Renting cost a hell of a lot more than buying

Consider taking over a lease. Visit www.swapalease.com or www.leasetrader.com. Lots of people are trying to get out of a lease. You can search by low to high price and look for one with 11 months or so to go. You will know exactly what the monthly payments will be.

• Bill

Can you afford to rent or lease a car for 11 months? You might look at cheap used cars, other forms of transportation, or an apartment and a job that are closer to each other.

• .

Drivers younger than 25 usually pay 80-100 dollars per day for a rental car. But let's just suppose that you got a hell of a deal and only paid 10 dollars per day. That's still $3,300 dollars for eleven months.

You would be better off buying a cheap one.

A long term rental would be pretty costly. Are you even old enough to rent?

I think you have to be 23+ and have a major credit card.

The cheapest you can expect to pay is probably $100 a week from a rent a wreck type place. And that does not cover insurance.

There is a used car lot near me that has a sign that says they rent cars for $19.99 a day.