Are Austria and Australia the same country speled differently?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Google Earth it .

• 2 months ago

No, not at all. They are also almost at opposite sides of the world. 

Why don't people just Google these, instead of asking here and losing 10 points?

• 2 months ago

no. austria is below germany is europe, australia is the continent under asia. i really don’t see how you could confuse these two, australia has an l and an extra a ffs

Source(s): kindergarten geography
  • Kate
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I suggest you look at an atlas or an online map. While you are at it, look up the spelling of spelled.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Fred
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

NO. They are 2 different countries.

• Rico
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

They are two different countries on two different continents whose name meanings are different

Austria is in Europe and its name comes from the German word 'osten' and means 'land to the east'

Australia, is both a country and continent surrounded by the Indian Ocean to the west, the Timor and Arafura seas to the north, the Tasman sea to the east and Southern Ocean to the south. The name of the country is derived from the Latin phrase 'terra Australis incognita' which means 'unknown southern land'

• Orla C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Austria is in Europe, and Australia is far away on the other side of the word in the South Pacific.

• Rico
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Australia isn’t in the pacific.

• 2 months ago

no totally different countries 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

that is what some Americans think

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

no, i think theyre too seperate places

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.