Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 10 months ago

Will I be the ONLY American in Canada when I visit?

I truly hope so.

I'm possibly one of the few Americans who respects Canada. 

20 percent of Americans diss Canada, the other 80 percent struggle to locate it on a map. Lol

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

    If you're only visiting then you'll be an American. If you get Canadian citizenship, (if you have an accent like Bostonian's or the southerner US does then you'll be an American) then you'll be recognized as a Canadian. You know some Americans came to Canada to escape Trump's presidency.

    Seriously, Canada is larger then the US. I doubt there are that many ignorant Americans out there. All you have to do is look north of the US / Canadian boarder at the 49th parallel, if you know what that is...

    Also Trump said that he is 'the best thing that's ever happened to Puerto Rico'. I don't think he's ever been there and it's a US colony.

  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

    Go there and find out.

  • 10 months ago

    Probably not. The good ole US of A supplies us with nearly half of our international tourists every year. And for reasons I can't even pretend to understand, Canada receives over 30 million visitors per year. Must be that nude beach, I guess. Anyway....

    Americans used to be the world's most disliked tourists, but that was quite a while ago. Seriously, people from your country used to stick maple leaf stuff on their luggage and clothing when they travelled, just so people would be nicer to them. Those days are long over.

    Not only have Americans worked very hard to improve their image as international visitors, other countries have gladly stepped in to compete for the title of world's rudest tourists. And the Chinese now proudly hold that title. You should be fine.

  • 10 months ago

    Not even close to the only one. There is one where I live for example. Insufferable old bag from LA. Wish she would take her bigoted views and go back.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Greg
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

    Geography 101: America includes all the countries from Canada to Chile and so ALL Canadians are Americans.

  • 10 months ago

    No, of course not. In fact, a lot of Americans goes to Canada to visit especially in the borders of US and Canada.

  • Joe
    Lv 4
    10 months ago

    we've been waiting for your arrival

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.