To help me out

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

By going to a qualified voice teacher.

• RJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The first step towards becoming a better singer is to take face-to-face voice lessons from a qualify voice teacher. The teacher will listen to your singing and offer guidance and feedback about your vocal progress

Here are some tips about finding a voice teacher:

The teacher has an excellent ear, and carefully listens to, and gives you accurate feedback about your voice.

Has an understanding of vocal anatomy, including the respiratory muscles, the larynx and throat structures, and how they affect singing.

Allows you to tape record lessons or exercises in the lesson for take-home practice. Provides you with written exercises when needed.

Is professional in conduct yet personable. You should feel comfortable with this person. You should feel free to ask questions.

While being emotionally supportive, he or she should be able to challenge you to grow as a singer at the same time.

The teacher should be able to explain to you in depth why you are doing each exercise that he or she gives you.

If available go to a recital where this teacher's students are performing. If they mostly sound great then this is probably a very good indication of a competent voice teacher.

Avoid teachers who only take on students who are already professional vocalists. A good teacher can train any voice and would enjoy the challenge of doing so.

The teacher shows genuine interest in you as a singer.

The teacher understands vocal health issues including the need to drink water and monitor the speaking voice

Addresses the need to relax those tensions/muscles that can block good vocal production and vocal freedom.

Is emotionally stable and does not intimidate or talk down to you.

Your voice feels easier and more resonant when working together

You are born with a natural vocal range. As such, it is not possible to expand your vocal range. However, it is recommended that you take face-to-face voice lessons from a qualify voice teacher. The teacher will listen to your singing and offer guidance in singing correctly, which may lead to your being able to sing notes that you were previously unable to sing and thus expanding your present vocal range.

Source(s): I am a professional singer
  • 1 month ago

I taught Voice and Choral Music in the schools of NY for over 25 years. You need to find the best (degreed, qualified, experienced) private voice teacher you can. Weekly lessons and daily practice will be HARD WORK, and not cheap. But the world is full of lazy losers looking for shortcuts. If you want legitimate skills that will give you a long life or career in ANY aspect of music, this is what you do. Period. No exceptions. And no YouTube shortcuts from fakers and phonies, either.

Source(s): Made every single dollar in my post-degrees life, since 1973, in live music performance and music teaching. Still working professionally and seriously.
  • 1 month ago

Eat talented people to absorb their skills.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Go somewhere that has karoke and practice different songs

• Mamianka
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

No help. People will get up to buy more drinks.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Take singing lessons.

• 1 month ago

You need to eat two bananas every day and drink three spoons of olive oil once a day

• Mamianka
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Olive oil is excellent fit your general health, if it is first press extra virgin oil. Bananas have a compound that helps settle your nerves. Neither if these directly help with singing.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.