Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

What skill or college major would enable me to work in any country?

So let's say I want to have a to have a job that doesn't require the worker to be a citizen of a certain country

For example a lawyer has to be a

Citizen but a trader can be a anywhere...

I'm thinking of programming too....

What else do you think would fit me

13 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago

    That is easy.  Become James Bond.

  • Sally
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

    buy gold in Ghana and sell it in Turkey

    Source(s): Donald Trump
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    Software engineers and MDs with international accreditation can go pretty much anywhere.

  • 1 month ago

    Probably the most universally useful degree would be an AVMA approved degree in veterinary science (DVM) with a non pet med specialism. That award is universally accepted by all the English speaking countries, respected by all other western contries and is much in demand in third world countries.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    STEM careers are generally a good option if you want work visas

  • Lisa A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    ANY country? A certain degree and job experience might get you in to ONE country, but not ANY country. A Nobel Prize winner would probably be able to immigrate to just about any country.

  • 1 month ago

    None. Different countries have different needs. Technological developments change needs all the time. Economic cycles change demand for all kinds of things, including occupations. NO guarantees of anything anywhere anytime. Programmers - desperately short supply in the late 1990s, massive layoffs during the tech stock crash around 2000-02. Now practically every country has enough, and in some places, they are a glut on the market.

    Needs change. Qualifications required change. Expect bachelor's degrees to be totally inadequate in most places for practically anything, if you are a foreign worker. And laws change, but expect increasing restrictions on foreign workers: higher education & experience requirements, more stringent requirements of employers to qualify to hire foreign workers, elimination of lots of occupations on various countries' shortage lists. NO skill set is likely to remain in demand over anyone's entire work-life of 40-60 years.

  • 1 month ago

    None. If you want to live and work in another country, you generally have to meet specific criteria and have an employer or family member sponsor you. These criteria are specific to each country. There is no college major that would allow you to just go anywhere in the world that you want to. 

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Any job that you just need internet access and computer.

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    A high level STEM degree and years of STEM work experience....however in the majority of contries in the world you can only work/live in them if you apply for a job and get it that is offered to non citizens where the employer is registered to sponsor a work visa

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.