Do you have any good suggestions for a car windshield protector for winter weather? For a Nissan Altima. Thx?

Any suggestions that are not idiotic would be appreciated. Thanks.

You are aware the cardboard absorbs water and would need to be thrown out immediately after one use? Even thicker cardboard will not be able to stand up to snow, ice and freezing rain.

The wind will also most likely simply blow it away.

Garages are great, but I rent an apt and we do not have that option. Yes, moving to Florida or Hawaii is a great option as well but would not work in my case.

The best one is called a garage. The problem with the one's you lay over the windshield is they often freeze to the glass.

When I had to park outside in winter, I kept a spray bottle of home-made windshield de-icer handy. All it takes is 1/3 windshield washer fluid and 2/3 isopropyl alcohol, the stuff you can buy by the gallon at Home Depot or Walmart and other similar stores. Mix up a batch and keep it in the house so it stays warm. Shake well before using. Works like a charm.

I just put a light blanket or sheet across and tuck it in the doors before closing

Like chocolate donuts answered, use a large piece of cardboard. Poster board will work too. The kind that has the foam stuff in the middle.

unfold a large pizza-box.