promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 8 months ago

Do video games *actually* cause violence?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favourite answer

I had a friend. He played Farming Simulator once. Later that night he cut his neigbour’s head off with a sickle.

• 6 months ago

Ignoring the centuries of violence prior to any video game coming out-

Does introducing video games to a human cause them to do violence? I would say no.

Does introducing video games to a human cause them to be more violent? I would say mostly no. There is maybe a very small percentage of people who might get more aggro, but they might have something called pre-existing conditions, that when combined with stimulation & reinforcement and whatever else a video game might do for them, might make them at times (or all the time) more volatile.

But, and I can't stress this enough, it is a very small percentage of people. In terms of preventing said event from occurring, I'd just advise [hypothetically speaking] to allow them to game but in strict moderation; there are plenty of things that can be adverse that are find in moderation... That's just one man's opinion.

Source(s): btw, very obvious troll sounding question; but a sincere answer from me nonetheless
    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 7 months ago

Violence has been going on sinse the beginning of time, so no it does not I don't see why people think that

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

ever since I caught my little brother playing mario, he has been jumping on our pet cat's head nonstop, and is currently suffering withdrawal symptoms from his mushrooms addiction. :(

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Not unless the person in question is insane.

• 8 months ago

yes, my son was playing minecraft.

later the morning he was punching trees.

• 8 months ago

Not unless the player is not able to tell the difference between reality and fantasy.

• 8 months ago

dude, it depends of the game and the person......fortnite sucks

• 8 months ago

I've been playing GTA, Resident evil, COD, etc since I was 6. Never killed one person

• 8 months ago

no, politics do

• 8 months ago

Of course especially minecraft, i mean all that anger inside you from everytime a creeper blows up your house

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.