Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 8 months ago

Do video games *actually* cause violence?

I had a friend. He played Farming Simulator once. Later that night he cut his neigbour’s head off with a sickle.

Ignoring the centuries of violence prior to any video game coming out-

Does introducing video games to a human cause them to do violence? I would say no.

Does introducing video games to a human cause them to be more violent? I would say mostly no. There is maybe a very small percentage of people who might get more aggro, but they might have something called pre-existing conditions, that when combined with stimulation & reinforcement and whatever else a video game might do for them, might make them at times (or all the time) more volatile.

But, and I can't stress this enough, it is a very small percentage of people. In terms of preventing said event from occurring, I'd just advise [hypothetically speaking] to allow them to game but in strict moderation; there are plenty of things that can be adverse that are find in moderation... That's just one man's opinion.

Source(s): btw, very obvious troll sounding question; but a sincere answer from me nonetheless

Violence has been going on sinse the beginning of time, so no it does not I don't see why people think that

ever since I caught my little brother playing mario, he has been jumping on our pet cat's head nonstop, and is currently suffering withdrawal symptoms from his mushrooms addiction. :(

Not unless the person in question is insane.

yes, my son was playing minecraft.

later the morning he was punching trees.

Not unless the player is not able to tell the difference between reality and fantasy.

dude, it depends of the game and the person......fortnite sucks

I've been playing GTA, Resident evil, COD, etc since I was 6. Never killed one person

no, politics do

Of course especially minecraft, i mean all that anger inside you from everytime a creeper blows up your house