Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsRunning · 8 months ago

I'm 30 and want start running as a bigginer. Can I still do this at age of 30?

• .

You can start running at any age. Many people don't start until they are approaching or in middle age, and some begin even older than that. I'm 54 and completed my first half marathon last weekend, but I've been running short distances for years.

Visit your local running store to get fitted for proper shoes. They can also probably advise you of any running groups in your area that welcome beginners, or maybe even a couch-to-5K program you could go through (my local running store offers couch-to-5K training 2x a year, in 8 wk sessions).

Yes. Many people have taken up running after 30, and even  later.  Some began after living an unhealthful life style.

I don't remember how old he was when he started running, but I heard John Bingham, author of "The Penguin Chronicles", talk about becoming a runner. He tells about being overweight, watching TV in bed with a drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other when he realized he needed to change his lifestyle. He took up running.

Jim Fixx was overweight and a two-packs-a-day smoker when he began running at age 35.

I recommend Tim Noake's beginners' program. It is designed to reduce risk of injury early in a running program, as bones, tendons, and ligaments adapt to the change in load from running.  There is a copy near the bottom of the page at http://www.runner.co.za/2003/01/05/training-for-be...

George Foreman won the Heavyweight Title of the world @ 50, you tell me.

no your legs will become noodles if you do that

hell yeah just run out the door

No, you are too old. Science has proven that running is bad for your knees and lower back when you are over the age of 25 and have stopped growing