Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 4 weeks ago

Is it weird for a 32 yr old to date a 49 yr old?

Is this okay or too much?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Best answer

You love the person, not the age.

• John P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

A little unusual, but not weird. You are both beyond the "teens and twenties" when that sort of thing tends to matter.

But he 32 year old should remember that, if the couple does get seriously hitched up, when the 32 year old is 70, the 49 year old will then be 87, and might need full time care, which the 70 year old might not be able to give.

• Edward
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Age is just a number

Source(s): ANIME
  • Fulano
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You might want to edit and move this question to the dating section instead of the computer section.... you may get better answers.

As for the question, I figure as long as they're both mature adults, it's really up to them to decide.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I wouldn't say weird or even unusual since it happens. I think the main problem is practicality if it were to turn into a long term relationship, where when you are 52, they will be 69 and when you are 62, they will be 79 (if they make it that long). Even that isn't necessarily bad, but let's say you are 52 and they die at 69, I imagine it would be harder to date at 52 than 32. Also things can be more complicated if kids are involved where if the person 49 is 52 when the first child is born, they will be 70 by the time the kid is grown and I can tell you when you hit your 50's you begin to feel the aches an pains of aging and some people become very limited in what they can do or feel like doing.

• 4 weeks ago

depends on the individuals and their psychology. compatible psychologies can work well. Probably not a grand idea to have children, though. the older of the two would be 70 when child is in college

• 4 weeks ago

no its fine as long as you're happy

• C
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

For casual dating there's no issue, there's not really that much difference between those ages. For the long haul you need to think carefully because the younger can well become the carer for the elder for a long time and be in need of care themselves being worn out once the elder passes. This might involve needing to quit work a long time before expecting to and can result in a pension shortfall. I know that sounds callous, but even ill pensioners need to eat and would like to be warm in the winter. Could you afford to? Would you be bitter to lose your own able-bodied retirement if it came to it?

• m8xpayne
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

No one really gets pensions anymore and many employers are phasing pensions out.... in favor of 401a and 401k.

• Fred
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Unless you are asking for yourself, mind your own business.

• Jay
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

username checks out­

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.