NONAME asked in SportsFootball (American) · 4 weeks ago

Will Mahomes ever be the same? Or is he going to wind up like RG3?

Football Americano

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Jon
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Best answer

I'd guess he'll be less eager to run.....but he's still an x-lent passer.....

unlike RG..........

• 3 weeks ago

Mahomes will be back the same.He is a smart player.Who will learn more with experiance.

• 4 weeks ago

RG3 rode his daddy’s coat tails into an undeserved Heisman and an a failed NFL career. His father should be embarrassed that he gave him his name.

• 4 weeks ago

He's fine.  It's a minor kneecap injury.  

I should point out that the idea that RG3 failed because of INJURY is a myth.  I'm a Redskins fan and watched this car wreck up close.  Griffin would have failed in the NFL even if he'd never gotten hurt.  He was an arrogant player who dictated to the coach in the offeseason following his rookie season that the team remove the pistol based portions of the playbook (you know, the ones that made Griffin the most efficient rookie passer in NFL history).

Griffin never committed to learning how to read or operate NFL pass offsenses, which made his refusal to do zone-read or the triple-option stuff Shanahan was running that much more punitive.  After Shanahan left, Gruden came in and tried to work with Griffin for a year and publicly trashed him after a game as being completely incompetent.  He didn't know how to set protections or execute the offense at any kind of functional level.

Yes, Griffin had 4 major injuries in his short time in Washington.  But in an odd way, those injuries protected him from being sniffed out as a failure even earlier than he was because if he'd been playing, everyone would have seen all this crap faster.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bob
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I don't think he will end up like RG3.

• 4 weeks ago

He dislocated his kneecap. That's not nearly as serious an injury as the first knee injury RGIII sustained. Mahomes will be just fine in a few weeks, and if this injury had happened in the midst of a postseason run instead of during a regular season game, I'd bet Mahomes would be in the starting lineup the very next week.

• 4 weeks ago

RG3 is a ghettoback who was doomed to failure. Also a shìt teammate with an exaggerated sense of self-worth. 

Mahomes threw 50 TD's his first season as a full-time starter. RG3 has fewer (43) through seven seasons. LOL@ him. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

RGIII was mostly a running quarterback. Mahomes is not. He mostly scrambles to buy time to throw the ball. If Mahomes has to throw from the pocket, he will still be fine, because his arm is amazing. Besides, his injury is not even serious enough to put him on IR. He will miss a few weeks and be able to go again. There is no damage to bone, ligament or tendon.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, the MRI showed no damage other than the displaced kneecap.

Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Probably not as good as he has to be. Opposing teams are burning up the clock with the running game, which gives him less time to work his magic.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.