How much should I sell my 66 Mustang for?

I have a 1966 Ford Mustang (v6 engine) that I’m thinking about selling. I’m not sure what I should ask for. My car runs nicely but it’s not in pristine condition. In my area (San Francisco), I see some in great condition selling for 17k and rusted ones selling for 6k.

Cons:

Car has a salvaged title

Needs a new paint job

Interior needs some fixing 

Pros:

Car runs well 

Disk breaks

New dashboard and steering wheel 

Always start high, you can always come down but you can never raise the price.

• JetDoc

Ford did not build a 1966 Mustang with a V-6 engine, so what you have isn't anything near original. I'm guessing there is also quite a bit of rust. I'd give you $50 for it.

It is NOT ORIGINAL.  V6 was not invented yet.

It has either a 289V8 or an InLine 6...stock!

Salvage title could mean it is still trashed.  You need to show paperwork that the frame is straight and what damage was actually done to it.  Most damage can be fixed Except bent frames. Original has drum brakes. So already it is MICKEY MOUSE.

What did you pay for it? that might tell me already that the car is a Lawn ornament.

Anybody with car knowledge knows this about that car, so won't be the ones buying it.  You got skunked. You bought a FORD. Used to get them for a 10 pack of Beer.  They gave me the beer>to haul it away<

• M.

Mustangs didn't have disk brakes either, unless it was some special order or conversion.

I have to call "BS"! Ford did not market a V6 Mustang that year.

If you do have a I6 Mustang- it is only worth what some one will pay for it. For a restorable car of this age 3000 dollars is a reasonable price.

Dude, you got it from a junk yard. Do you need an explanation?

Look on your local auto trader for current prices people are asking.

• CB

Who in their right mind would put a V6 in a '66 mustang? I think you are trolling big time with a picture off the internet.

• Ashley3 weeks agoReport

Ummm I’m not a troll. That’s my car. I put in the v6 engine because my old engine had low oil pressure and I couldn’t afford to upgrade to a v8.

whatever you want to sell it for

Me I would action it off on ebay, if you seen it as low as 6k then I would start bidding at 6k

if there's a thing you need, like a fruit mixer or a pen, you can just trade