New Zodiac signs and dates *ophiuchus added* opinions and thoughts? Please read belowww?

So as people who are interested in astrology may know, there is a new sign, Ophiuchus, this has meant that all the signs have been pushed back to earlier dates, I was an Aquarius sun, Leo rising, Aries moon etc. Now I’m supposedly a “Capricorn”. My old chart was completely me, I didn’t try to fit into it I just did my own thing and friends, my mother and myself realised I really fit into it, and the same was with my friends charts, but the new dates have really thrown it off and I really am nothing like a Capricorn, I’m kinda confused now soo, if you’re really into astrology drop your thoughts and opinions :)

The sky is in constant motion. The constellation Ophiuchus was officially added to the zodiac about a century ago. But that has nothing to do with astrology. The Tooth Fairy science is a numbers game and the magic number is 12.

Easy to divide while adding another sign would mean a prime number. Which can’t be divided. The Indian and Chinese versions use 12 signs for the same reason. No other number works as well.

Adding planets and asteroids are not a problem. Astrologers now stick to the starry background for the planets is two thousand years old. They don’t observe like their predecessors did centuries ago.

"So as people who are interested in astrology may know, there is a new sign"

No there isn't. The constellation Ophiuchus was added to the zodiac used by astronomers back in 1920 - 99 years ago. Every once in a while some anti-astrology bigot discovers this and "brilliantly" comes to the conclusion that this is the end of astrology. Worse is when some semi-literate astrologers fall for it.

Here is the scoop. Astrologers use SIGNS. Astronomers use CONSTELLATIONS. SIGNS ARE NOT CONSTELLATIONS. The astronomers can add subtract, multiply and divide the number of constellations in their zodiac until their hearts are content. It has ZERO EFFECT on the practice or understanding of astrology. Tropical astrology, which whether anyone knows it or not, is what you are referring to when you say "I'm a Sagittarius." Tropical astrology has not changed that zodiac at all. Nope no one has changed a thing. Once it is accepted that the signs and the constellations are not the same despite having the same names, it all becomes clear.

I myself am now a "Sagittarius", though I was previously a Capricorn. My friends and I each researched a little about our new signs, and most of us didn't really fit into our new signs. So the some of us that didn't fit into our new signs just decided to stick with our old signs, the people that fit into their new signs better stuck with their new sign. So, stick with your old sign if you feel more comfortable with it.

Note: My friends and I don't know everything about astrology. I mostly just look at it for fun, so I'm probably not the most qualified to answer.

If you do decide to stick with your new sign as a Capricorn, we're pretty cool. :)

• Brian

You are still the sign you where born under for that was the sign when you where born. That will never change. Only people born now will be assigned under that new sign.