Canker sore treatment - Has anyone tried placing a vitamin C tablet directly on the sore for 30mins?

I have been been doing this a few times and it works really well. Yes, it hurts like crazy at first, but after a few mins the pain goes away and I think that area just died off from the acid. It seems to seal off the area as well and there is little to no discomfort from that sore for days, sometimes until it finishes healing. Make sure not to disturb that area (otherwise effort wasted). I just want to know if anyone else tried this and if it works the same for them. Next step, experimental study on this - but it is not going to happen, because there's no profit in this lol.

I thought of this after being fed up with the pain, so I thought to give the sore a taste of its own medicine! I don't know if it is safe to do this. I decide on 30mins so that the ascorbic acid (Vit C) can get absorbed deep into the tissue. Vitamin C suppose to help with skin healing anyways. I have been looking up this info but had very little luck. Most searches just say to take vitamin C, but no mention of directly placing it on the sore. Any comment is appreciated! :)

Take a glass of water and put in 3 table spoons of salt then stir it put the water in you mouth and hold it where the canker sore is. Do it about 2 times a day and it will be gone in a week