Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Agree or disagree:  "To believe that the Bible is absurd, you have to deny even the possibility that God would exist. "?

Muslims believe the Bible is absurd.  Do they deny even the possibility that gods exist?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I would disagree. The Bible is demonstrably false, it only rules out that God, not the millions of other possible Gods.

• 1 month ago

Whether you believe in God or not, the Bible contains poetry, history, moral lessons, music, proverbs and wisdom, laws and rules for a long and prosperous life.

• Jea
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You should read it before claiming what is in it.  How much a week do you make off of old ladies pensions jon??

• 1 month ago

NOT GODS THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD AND ALLAH AINT IT

• 1 month ago

Muslims do not believe the Bible is absurd. "Absurd" does not mean "untrue". It means "preposterous". Many like Jea read something in the Scripture that contradicts their opinion concerning what things happen in this world, and what things don't. I also read the Bible when I was young, and I came across those things too. Unlike many of them, I kept reading. It is not a matter of denying the possibility that God exists but that God would intervene in the world. For those who are content to live in a small world, it is an easy proposition to deny.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Of course that's nonsense. As you point out with your Muslim example, there are plenty of theists who don't care about the Bible

• My goddess has nothing to do with that book

• Jea
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

To know the bible is absurd, all one needs do is read it.

All who have know that about it.

• 1 month ago

Muslims only believe the unauthorized sequel to the old testament is absurd. Other than that, they pretty much believe what the Jews believe.

• 1 month ago

Strongly disagree.

I was a deist for years after I believed the bible is absurd.

• The FOOL says in his heart, "there is no God".

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.