What can I do if my employer denies my health benefits?

I had an assignment from a staffing agency end unexpectedly and the representative I worked with told me I could continue my coverage by paying the insurance company until I started a new assignment.  Unfortunately, I found out my coverage was cancelled and both the provider and employer were of no help to me.  I have already escalated this issue to a benefits supervisor at my employer, but what are the next steps to take if they can't resolve it?

I just found out from a manager at my employer that essentially the first person I spoke with gave me incorrect information and I did not find out later that I could not continue my coverage. Given this new information, what are my options?

How does this specific situation apply to the Affordable Care Act?

your job ended . you no longer get company paid insurance .

Did you pay your premiums to the staffing agency during the time your coverage was cancelled? That is called fraud, and that is a crime.

First, you will need to find the receipts proving you paid for the containing insurance coverage after your assignment ended. Once you can prove to the insurance company you paid the premiums it should get straightened out pretty quick.

• BB

You might want to check to see if you had a policy to begin with. They sound kinda fishy to me.