Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Why do some parents let their teenagers go to same sex sleepovers?

I would never let my son do so. What if the other boy turned out to be gay? They might start performing sexual acts and the thought of that bothers me.

this is the dumbest thing i have ever heard

• Linda

I can understand your worries because that did happen with my son once. Luckily he told me about it. Most same sex sleepovers are pretty innocent. Talk to your son and as long as he understands about what is appropriate behavior and what is not, you should have no worries.

Because they need & want a night off.

it's more of a tournament to see who comes out on top to see which of their children will end up being bottom feeders and which will end up being a productive member of society. If u are sending ur child to one of these just ensure that they know how to T-pose. it's a non-contact form of dominance asserting and all the kids will avoid him/her.

• Tepee

You have to teach your children right from wrong then trust them to be wise. Living your life of "what ifs" will never permit you to be happy.

You are really paranoid! A teenager is quite capable of telling someone who is putting the moves on him to back off. But if you think you can stop your teen from experimenting with sexual activity, you're delusional.

Because it's ok to have friends, you can't protect your children from everything but we can pick them up when they fall. There will always be danger in life but that doesn't mean you should stop living or stop your children from living. Plus there are other parents who would keep there eyes out for such behavior as that, that you are worried about. Most adults have rules about open doors when friends are over, just because of drugs and sneaking out.. which should be scarier than someone being gay. Not to mention most gays are kind, they won't force anything on your kids that your kids did not consent to.

cause they probably dont know theyre sex sleepovers

• Mark

If a person isn't gay, he won't "turn gay", but I think you knew that and are trying to be "edgy". What do you prefer, OPPOSITE-SEX sleepovers?

• Staap It

Yep I do, I have an opposite sex sleepover every weekend I like it so much. Why do they not have the same sex sleepover at one house go combine with the opposite sex sleepover at another house. NOW THAT IS A PARTY : )