Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Are Jehovah's Witnesses the punching bags of society?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

Well Jesus said that his true followers would be hated. (Matthew 24:9) And contrary to popular belief, we ARE followers of Christ. (1 Peter 2:21; John 13:34 35)

• 2 months ago

Well, JWs have made an art-form out of being holier-than-thou for many, many years. They were the only ones saved, they had the only correct interpretation of scripture, they were morally superior, etc., etc. Turns out THEY PROTECT PEDOPHILES IN THEIR RANKS! Oopsie. Society don't like smug hypocrites.

• 2 months ago

I certainly hope not - because if they get punched hard enough to draw blood, they won't be able to get transfusions....

• L'nya
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

1 Tim 6:3-5 jw.org

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

That depends which Society you mean. Some countries have a society that is so controlled by those who hate religion that they literally punch, beat and torture many citizens who hold to religious beliefs. Any religious beliefs. That includes the JWs, but the horror is that JWs speak as if they were the main targets and they never mention people of other religions who get equally wicked treatment from society in those countries.

In North Korea, concentration camps are full of Christians. We had one lady speak at our church after she was released. She had not been a Christian at the time, being imprisoned for alleged political crimes, but she saw how it was the Christians who got the very worst treatment. Their denomination was an irrelevance to the authorities. Anybody calling themselves a Christian in that godless society will be tortured. But will JWs admit that? Or do they just bang on about how they are targeted?

I could go on - China, Vietnam, Mexico, Cuba... all over the world societies like those are abusing Christians and other religious people, targeting them all, even to preventing their children getting fair access to schools. Yes, that includes JWs, but they are not singled out as if they required specially worse treatment. Let JWs acknowledge that millions of non-JW Christians have become the punching bags of many societies in the world, and drop their persecution complex.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, but mostly because they follow the most ridiculous of all religions.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, more like the whack-a-moles. Nobody would bother them if they didn't keep popping up at doorsteps -- and on R & S -- peddling their heresies.

• Fireball
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

for asker BOOHOO....LEAVE THE CULT AND TRY MAINSTREAM CHURCHES FOR TRUTH U ARE MISSING IN A CULT...ME AND FIRST HUSBAND LEFT A SIMILAR CULT AFTER 20 YRS! THANK GOD FOR THAT. I WILL BE METHODIST TILL I DIE...

• 2 months ago

Well the lost don't want to hear from them

and Christians despise their false gospel.....so

and they see to be the poor verion of mormonism

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Rightfully so, I have seen how they get when they cannot convert you, and why are they so into converting in the first place?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well in fairness to society, you can't find one JW that will say that there is even ONE point of doctrine that they disagree with JW on.

That is such a cult mentality. So, can you really blame society?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.