Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

Why do stores have different staff who don’t actually work there, stock their alcohol ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

For years I worked for a just-in-time food manufacturing facility. I'm also acquaintances with several craft producers. An increasingly popular model for a variety of stores is "vendor restocking." In exchange for competitive shelf space, especially prime space, vendors have a sales force dedicated to signage, displays, and restocking. It streamlines labor and warehousing for stores. One craft coffee roaster with an amazingly fresh and aromatic product gave up a 7 grocery store contract because of the highly variable demand for stocking. It was too much work for her limited margin.

• RICK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Never seen that

When I worked at a store that sold alcohol restocking the coolers was part of my job

• 1 month ago

It happens with all types of foods and drinks. They work for the food companies.

• 1 month ago

they do work there if theyre stocking their alcohol

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Ramona
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Those workers are the workers of not the store but belong to the merchants the store is buying from.

If i had a store and need Vodka, I'd find another company to buy it from and those workers come and put it on the shelf for me, they also write down how much is shelved and what will be needed later.

• Greg
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Several areas in grocery and drug stores are stocked by jobbers. They pay for shelf space, stock the space, and get paid by what sells. Sometimes a new product will be put on the stores shelfs at zero cost to the store to prove that it will sell.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

those are likely employees of the liquor distributors, the same thing happens with soda

• 1 month ago

They are usually representatives of the company that sells whatever it is. They come in, see what the store needs, sell it to them, and put it on the shelves.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.