Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 4 weeks ago

What is wrong with me? Age 14?

I AM LOOKING FOR IDEAS NOT HERE TO GET A “DIAGNOSIS”  

DISCLAIMER: I AM ALREADY IN AND OUT OF THE DOCTORS. I GO BACK NOVEMBER 20TH, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR IDEAS OR GUESSES.

I have been having issues with my health for a couple months now. It started with me noticing tonsil stones on my left tonsil and then it led to my neck, ears, jaw, throat, etc. hurting. I was tested for strep and mono and both were negative. Then I was on antibiotics for 10 days and they didn’t work so I was sent to an ENT. I was put on acid reflux medication (proton pump I believe it is) for a month and so far it isn’t working. But the past few weeks, I have been getting insanely sick for days at a time then it would go away and come back. I get a runny nose, sneezes, minor sore throat, etc. and I get super tired. Tired to the point where a couple times a week, I sleep for a whole day and night straight. I also have been having some memory issues and I am forgetting practically everything unless it is something major that would be hard to forget. I have been slacking a bit in school and my attention span isn’t as great as it was a few weeks ago. But this only occurs when I am feeling sick, which like I said is on and off (a few days of sickness then I feel fine for a few days and so on). Also unsure if related but my skin has also been acting up. It is drying out a lot and I am getting bad acne and nothing diet or life wise has changed besides the sickness. Any ideas as to what is going on? 

Deep gargling with hot salt water can rid the tonsil stones. Try that for several days and see if you can dislodge the stones.

yOU NEED TO HAVE FURTHER TESTING DONE A COMPLETE BLOOD LAB WORK UP SINCE YOU ARE HAVING SEVERAL SYMPTOMS AND A ILLNESS THATS MIST LIKELY TREATABLE.

• Tavy

Has your Doctor done any blood tests? PPIs are for acid reflux not sore throats and they can make you feel sick. At your age you will get acne most teens do.

Your parents need to take you back and ask for further tests.

Your symptoms fit a lack od iodine, Lyme disease and heavy metal exposure. If you mention Lyme to a doctor, they will decline WITHOUT making a test.

Make an appointment with an Eyes, Nose, and Throat specialist. Your primary care doctor will only go so far in helping you. You need somebody to check you out a little better to find out what the problem is.

• Sam

See if you can have your tonsils removed. The doctor will put you on antibiotics before and after removing them and the antibiotics will help with the acne. It's a win win