Kody asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 4 weeks ago

Was "The Lion King" remake a flop?

So, based on the critics' reviews, was the live-action remake of "The Lion King" a flop in the box office?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

How could it not be?

Been there. Done that.

• 3 weeks ago

Movies that make tons of money are not flops.  I pay more attention to joe & jane six-pack reviews than I do critics.  

• 4 weeks ago

Not even close. The movie made over 1.6 billion, and (without adjusting for inflation) is actually the 7th highest grossing movie of all time. Only Jurassic World, Avengers: Infinity War, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Titanic, Avatar, and Avengers: Endgame rank above it.

• Adam D
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The wording of your question doesn't make sense - based on reviews, was it a box office flop? Reviews and critics are not a criteria for a film being a flop. It has made more than $1.5 billion dollars, against a budget of less than $300 million.

Critics certainly didn't like it. But that didn't stop people from continuing to pour money into the Mouse's pocket.

• Adam D
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Try this, ctrl+f.  Pretty much every browser will open a "find" dialogue box. Type "troll" and hit enter, and it will seek out the word troll on the current page.  Notice how it doesn't come up anywhere other than the comment you just made, and certainly not in anything I posted.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes, but the producers are laughing all the way to the bank.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I heard that some people did not like it.

• 4 weeks ago

The film was criticized for being a carbon copy of the original animated film and weak performances.

However, the film has made $1.6 billion in the box office, and is currently the 7th highest grossing film of all time. So it is not at all a box office flop.

• Kody4 weeks agoReport

And "The Lion King" wants to be nominated for a Razzie for Worst Remake Ever.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.