Question About the Movember Movement Tagline?

The Movember tagline is "Stop Men Dying Too Young". But, shouldn't it be "Stop Men FROM Dying Too Young" ?  I don't know, the original version just sounds weird. 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It should probably just say "Hey, guys, if you'd see your doctor annually and take care of yourself like your wife does you'd live as long as she will". The primary reason men have shorter lifespans is because they ignore their annual physical and think beer is as healthy as salad.

• 3 weeks ago

Either's acceptable.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Grammatically yeah. They probably thought it didn't sound "snappy" enough. Too many prepositions.

• 4 weeks ago

The whole thing is pretty weird. I'm pretty pi ssed off about "Movember."

Sure, pretty much ANY name is better than "Month Number Nine" (Roman calendar), which is where "November" comes from, but hey, it's also MY birthday month. Forget "Movember." Let's call it "Dude."

And charity drives for diseases are GROTESQUE. Why should the PUBLIC have to donate to make up for the corporations' and their government's failure to assign budgets appropriate to a problem?

They have PLENTY of cash for dropping bombs on folks who've never done anything to us, and for campaigning against labor unions, and for limos for the powerful. Let 'em spend it on medical research instead.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.