Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

I only had a meal replacement shake for breakfast, should I eat Sabra hummus and pretzels for lunch?

On some days I don't have anything healthy to take for lunch, or I forget. Sabra feels like my go to option considering our school food is so horrible for you and makes you feel sluggish (the breaded chicken tenders with fries especially) The Hummus, their salad (which I hate) and bananas are the only healthier options. But I've heard hummus/pretzels can be very fattening and you should avoid it because it's apparently heavily processed/soaked in oil.

No individual food is fattening.  It is about calories.  All foods are broken down and either used as fuel or stored as fat.  It doesn't matter if that food is an apple or a French fry.  Hummus with pretzels is mostly carbs with some fat and a little protein from the garbanzo beans.  

We really don't care what you eat for lunch, or dinner for that matter! It is only fattening if you eat way too much of it. Very few foods if any are fattening if eaten in moderation.

*I meant the Sabra Hummus not Hummus itself.