neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed help!!!!!!!!!!!! what does the following sentence mean?

They were all killed to a man

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best answer

They were all killed.

"To a man." is just another way of saying everyone.

• Bill B
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Everyone was killed; there were no survivors.

• 4 weeks ago

The sentence you show here means nothing, because it doesn't make sense. If a man killed some people, then those people were "...all killed BY a man." It could also mean that everyone was killed, right down to the (last) man; no one remained alive. It depends on the context in which you read this, and I have no idea what the subject was.

• 4 weeks ago

Lol ok it means they were the same as the killed man.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Its obvioulsly a non gender specific person named were and they were killed by a man becuase were was non gender specific

• 1 month ago

I believe the writer meant to say that all the people were killed ... to the very last man. In other words none were left standing ... er alive.

• 1 month ago

It is more a literary device. Of course, everyone has this spot on.and the term is final. Everyone.

• 1 month ago

The sentence is redundant, because the phrase 'to a man' MEANS 'all'.

• ron h
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

It needs a comma, but sometimes redundant phrases are used for drama or clarity.  "They were all killed. Every friggin' one of them."  is OK when spoken, but looks silly when written. 

• 1 month ago

IT MEAN I HAVE EXPLOSIVE DIABEATES

• David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's another way of saying that all the men were killed to the last man.

• Lili
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You just basically repeated what it DOES say.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.