Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

People mix my Dad up with a distant cousin of his and they say my Dad did these bad things a distant cousin of his did. How do I stop this?

My Dad's cousin had messy divorces. I have only met that cousin once or twice but they think my Dad ran around with women and was a big player. It was this distant cousin of his they have him mixed up with. They both live in the same area though we've only met the distant cousin on two occasions.

My Dad is not living anymore and how do I get people to stop mixing him up with this womanizing cousin of his who also is not living anymore.

• Kelly

Unfortunately, you can't control the thoughts or memories of other people, that's something you need to come to terms with.

People often confuse my dad with his brother but they were quite different. Brother was a deadbeat and a d-bag, my dad raised his kids and he had his days but wasn't all around a d-bag.

In the end, people believe what they want, regardless of it being true or not.

just tell them you dont want to talk about it