I am having wedge surgery to remove a lung nodule. Doctor suggested I could return to work in a week. Does that make sense?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Your doctor is the expert on this. Why are you asking here?

• Kenneth3 weeks agoReport

I'm asking here because I cannot schedule appointment less than two weeks away. My doctor suggests I'll be back at work in one week which seems short. To work one week after surgery I have to schedule appointments before surgery. If I wait the 1 week, then I have 3 weeks without work.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

''Driving

You will normally be able to drive two to four weeks after your surgery.

Always check with your insurance company first. In some instances it may be

necessary to inform the DVLA.

If when you first drive you find it difficult due to pain and restrictions in your

mobility, then leave it for a few days before trying again.

It is always a good idea to take a competent driver with you the first time you

go out.

Returning to work

Depending on your job and how quickly you recover you will need approx two

to four weeks off work. If you have a very physical job you may need a bit

longer. Please ask for advice before you leave hospital.

If you need a medical certificate please ask for one before going home.

You may need to get further certificates from your GP.''

https://www.uhs.nhs.uk/Media/Controlleddocuments/P...

• Kenneth4 weeks agoReport

Thank you for the link. It is informative and certainly different from what some other people have said. I would be interested in feedback, specifically from people who have actually had the surgery I'm going to have.

• 4 weeks ago

I'm a psychologist, so I mostly sit and talk to people. Have to use laptop for note taking and to write reports.

• 4 weeks ago

Unless your job requires strenuous physical activity I don't think it sounds wrong.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

It's a YES from me ...

Are you saying this from personal experience or based on someone you know who has had the surgery?

• Robin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

far too long just go in the next day

Robin. Are you saying this from personal experience or based on someone you know who has had the surgery?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.