why do they need so many police?

Actually my computer was being glitchy and I didn't finish writing this question - however, its turned out ok. I'm leaving it here. carry on

• james

In the U.S. for coin collecting for Judge Pimp. In the rest of the world they do it with 1/2 to 1/3rd the number of police per population as the U.S. But there police do police work.

Hi I'm interested being a police officer with you

to manage the black population

They Don't. My city laid off 1/3 of them.

• Bruce

The national average in my area is about 1 police officer for every 500 citizens. It was that way 30 years ago when I started, and it is that way now.

liberals despise police and throw water, etc at them

• Lôn

There are so many criminals in the country now...home-grown and imported.

By "they" -- I think you mean innocent citizens ,who just want to get on with their lives in peace and not be preyed on by the increasing number of barbarians that live amongst us .

Because there are so many criminally minded individuals. Also, many states want a monopoly on the violence required for protection. And limit the individual's response to assault. That requires more authorized agents of the state, law enforcement that is, to provide (allegedly) a deterrent against criminal violence.

Have you ever done drugs or alcohol? After awhile, you get used to it and it takes more and more to get the same high. It's the same with police. As time goes on, more and more police are needed for people to feel safe