If a parent has been advised NOT to immunise their child by the family GP/Doctor, should the child be banned from attending school?

My parents were told not to immunise me as I had a very bad reaction to whooping cough.

No. Medical reasons to not vaccinate are valid.

Yep, you should not be allowed to endanger others.  

Herd immunity is essential for the safety of our communities. Non-vaccination makes you a risk so yes, it is reasonable to remove that risk from school or any other place on congregation.

The fact you had a bad reaction to one vaccine does not mean you will have a bad reaction to all vaccines. I wonder if the supposed doctor's advice is an interpretation by someone with preconceived ideas on the subject.

There is a lot of unscientific nonsense talked about vaccination. Nothing in life is without risk but the risk of not having a vaccination far outweighs the risk of having it. Vaccinations are safe. The incredibly rare adverse reaction can be safely managed.

Thousands of kids will die this year from measles because they were not vaccinated. Thousands more will suffer brain damage or blindness or other life-long disability because they were not vaccinated. Vaccination carries no such risk. Vaccinations are safe.

• Tavy

The MRI is totally different than the whooping cough vaccine.

Totally agree with Lord Bacon.