August
Lv 5
August asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 4 weeks ago

UK: Will the Labour block our exit from the EC in Parliament this Saturday 19-10?

With the obnoxious Jeremy Corbyn doing his best to undermine the British Constitution. The majority voted to leave,so lets get on with it

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

There aren't enough Labour MPs to block anything. Whether it is Yes or No to the new deal, it will be MPs from several different parties voting on each side. Especially from Labour, who are still as divided between Remain or Leave as they ever were. Which is why Labour doesn't have a Brexit policy - there isn't one they could all agree on, and that is why Corbyn has no idea what he's doing.

• The Johnson deal is rather like the May deal that Boris voted against. If you think that the majority voted to leave, you're not numerate enough for your opinion to matter. Around a third voted leave, a third voted remain and a third didn't vote. Of those who voted leave, a large number were already at death's door and have since been replaced on the electoral register by younger people more likely to favour EU membership. Many voted leave as a protest against the Cameron government - now they have worse. A few voted leave because they believed the outrageous lies put forward by Johnson and those who want to harm our country. Now very few actually want Brexit and we're not going to be dictated to by a handful of rich Tories and a gang of drunk racists. If we leave on 31 October, they will be strung up. Please leave a note of your collar size.

• August
      Lv 5
      3 weeks agoReport

no need to start lying,the truth is out there

• Cei
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

I really hope so. At least Corbyn will have proved he's good for one thing.

It's about time an MP grew a pair and stood up to say this whole Brexit thing is a mistake and we should cancel article 50 now.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I sincerely hope not. But if it happens I also hope the British electorate will weed out these cretins at a General Election.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.