Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 4 weeks ago

Am I going to be arrested?

I was reading this blog from 2008 about how the fbi would post fake child pornography links and then raid the homes of people who would click on them.

In the comments someone posted the website that they said is a child porn website and they were asking that the website be reported.

I did not click on the website at all.

I was not looking for a website or anything illegal.

Since I did not click on the website and I exited from the blog, should I be just fine?

• Lila

If you didn't click on it as you say, and you haven't done anything illegal or have in your possession illegal images, what is there to worry about?

Sure, if you keep talking about it. Especially if you tell an actual person in irl. In particular a police officer.

Yes, the police are coming to your front door right now!!!

No, they are not going to waste time, money or resources on a few I.Ps idly browsing websites. Your IP would have to appear prolifically, on several platforms, downloading content for them to investigate you. Just stay away from anything like that in future.

• youll be fine if you didnt click on it trust me, its probably fake anyway..