Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

Do engineers make a lot of money? Can they support a family / be a breadwinner? ?

• Janet

Professional Engineers ... the kind that take 4-5 years of university.

Yes, they make good money and can support a spouse and kids with just one income.

My dad was a Chemical Engineer.

• rick

Some do, some don't. Some are quite well off, and others work in fast food. It depends on the individual and his particular circumstances.

• No. They live under the bridges they built. (Sheesh.)

Yes, but it depends on where they live. One of my friends sons graduated from the University of Michigan with a degree in Engineering and he started out making 73,000 a year.

where I live they make 3 500 euros a month minus taxes. can u support a family on that?

No they are usually closet cases

DO they, or CAN they? Some can, some can't. It depends on a huge variety of variables. You're not a high school graduate, are you.