Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentLaw & Legal · 1 month ago

What is the shortest amount of time to work for a job to be able to get a reference?

If one 

were to start a new job and say, leave it after a week/month/three months, just stating that the job was different to what I’d expected, with no bad parting terms at all, is it likely that the employer would give any sort of reference out? Even one stating employment dates?

You cant get a good reference for less than at least 3 months Id say.

Depends. If you’re a high school student, maybe 3 months if it’s a summer job. Or maybe the entire school year. We had high schoolers volunteer for us for an entire school year and after they finish, they can ask us for a reference letter.

If it’s a regular job, maybe a year or when your contract expires.

I have references from people I've never even worked for. They just lie and say I've been working there for years whenever I need it for an actual job