Larry asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

Flying without any form of ID?

I have a flight next week and I’m only 15 but I’m to old for the unaccompanied minor program so I’m classified as an adult, how am I going to pass through security without any type of ID?

• Neil

For US domestic flights, thse under 18 are not required to have any ID.

As I understand it, a child under 18 TRAVELLING WITH AN ADULT does not need ID. But a child travelling ALONE does.

no, it's impossible to go to another country.

• MS

You still do not need ID to pass through security at your age.  Only those 18 or older need to show ID for security.  The airline might request proof of age to verify that you do not need Unaccompanied Minor service, but that's completely separate.  

• DEBS

This should answer your questions: https://www.loungebuddy.com/blog/everything-you-ne...

Bottom line, you don't need an ID under 18. I would advise you to arrive early and have an adult wait until you get past security. If further concerned, then they may be able to get a pass to accompany you past security. You'd need to go to the ticket counter to ask.

As stated in the article, some airlines require an ID. I would advise you call and talk to them to confirm what is needed from an airline standpoint.

YOU as a CHILD are not going anywhere unless your parents are involved. YOUR PARENTS will show their ID as part of the check in process.

You DO NOT need ID but should have something.

Your parents will vouch for your identity at check in. Most will use your birth certificate

I’m too old for the unaccompanied minor program so I’m classified as an adult,

REALLY? You are a CHILD get over it.

For Airline fare purposes you pay the same as Adult.You do not qualify for the child discount fare. DOES NOT MAKE YOU AN ADULT. Just paying the same fare as Adults.

Check with YOUR Airline for the details of what they expect your ADULT to show for check in purposes for you.

You don't need ID but you need to prove you're under 18

People under 18 DO NOT NEED ID.

You do not need picture ID as you are under 18. If your parent/guardian is walking you to the gate (which they can) that is enough. They just need an escort ticket from the airlines. If going by yourself then you will need a birth certificate with you to go through security.

Source(s): Youngest just turned 18 but all kids flew in the summer by themselves for the past 10 years.

Your parents need to check the airline policy as some airlines need ID. If ID is not required, you will probably have to be accompanied by a parent to the check in. You might be given a pass to enable you to go through security. Ask your parents to check for you.