Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

Does real estate agent make money from the buyer or seller? ?

We’ve been renting this home for 9 years and are now going to purchase it from I landlord. However, before we decided we were going to just buy the house we have now, we got an agent. That agent happens to be working for my landlord too. So in a sense, he’s in the middle. Is he technically working for us now or just our landlord? Not even sure we can trust him. We are first time home buyers and don’t know much about this process. Currently in the negotiating phase ... but again, don’t trust him. 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The agent is supposed to negotiate the best price for his/her client. If they are representing both the buyer and the seller, there's no way they can do that. They receive a commission from the seller.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That depends on where in the world you live and how the purchasing a house process works..... where I live the seller pays agents costs however ANYWHERE in the world buyer/seller should not be using the same person...agents are working for themselves and the amount of fees/commission they can get and that depends on the contract you/they have with the a agent...so what does your contract state?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

1. The fee should be split equally.

2. Why are you using the realtor to negotiate for you. Do it directly.

3. The realtor's job in your case should just be doing the paperwork.

• 1 month ago

Both. And if you hired him, then he is working for you.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.