Are people born gay or do they become gay?

• nappa

They choose that way of life, bible reads homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of heaven, If they were born that way the bible would not say that,, they want to blame some one else besides themselves for their life style.

People are born to become gay.

Are people born straight or do they become straight? No one becomes either, they just are. It's sort of like asking is a person born left handed or did they become left handed. They just are. 

Babies are cute, not gross!!

Most men are straight. Most women are bisexual

A person is born Gay (Lesbian) Bisexual or Straight.

You have no say in what your sexuality is.

Now bisexuals do have a say in what they will seek today. Some may decide to only seek same sex while others may only seek opposite sex and some go after both sexes.

If a person makes the choice to only seek out one sex, that is a choice they make.

I suspect its this choice to only seek out same sex partners that confuses some into thinkg a person chooses to be gay. They would arrive at this as to them the person was into the opposite sex but now is into the same sex.

They're generally born with the inevitable potential to develop into homosexuals when their sexual awakening occurs.

• Andi3 weeks agoReport

I knew I was bisexual when I was 12

Allegedly there is a gene that increases the chance men become gay. It has a high chance of making men and women very sexually attractive but it has different side effects for each gender. For women, it makes them also more promiscuous. For men, it has a higher chance of making them homosexual. It doesn't necessarily make you gay but there is a higher chance of turning out to be one.

I have also seen documentaries where gay men have described their experiences before they realized they were gay. 

Some examples of some of the people in the documentary.

-The majority of gays were sexually molested as children. 

- Boys that were born in single-mother households, and without some kind of father figure, male friends. 

- Boys that were raised with a mother that emasculated and belittled the father in front of the children.

- Boys that were neglected as children and developed unhealthy complexions about their looks. Some became obsessed with comparing themselves with more attractive men and also wanted to do surgeries to enhance their bodies.

Dr. Edward Dutton has made some interesting theories on his youtube channel regarding how gays have come to be. One of the ideas he spoke of was that nature has a way of keeping male aggression lower. When there are too many males and not enough females, males tend to be more aggressive and more violent when competing for females. So nature has made some men gay erase some of that aggression. Gays in a sense, are to lower the aggression when it comes to male partner competition. 

It's hard to say if people are born this way, but a lot of it seems to lead to neglectful parents, trauma, and specific environments. 

• Sara

Anon, I wouldn't trust scientific statements made by someone who doesn't have even a bachelor's degree in a science field and has committed plagiarism.

• j153e

I don't know, but I know a guy who was married, had 3 kids and came out as gay after. So how in hell would a gay man manage all that?