Car with Maine Plates with Pennsylvania window tag. Is that even legal?

I tried searching this on the web, but got no answer. My friend SUPPOSEDLY bought an Audi R8 out of stratham New Hampshire it SUPPOSEDLY has Maine plates. missing front (interesting, because Pennsylvania doesn’t require front plate, I also think car pic is from web).  He said upon purchase of vehicle, it already had window sticker from Pennsylvania. He said he’s been driving around like that for 3 years and hasn’t gotten in trouble. Also SUPPOSEDLY has 8 other cars all valued over $100,000 he’s worked at an amusement park for one year and his fam is poor as hell. Before you say it no, I’m not jealous, if it’s all true then congrats to him. But I’m sorry, nothing adds up here. 

When a cop decides to stop the car for a whole mess of reasons and he cannot produce the insurance paperwork or registration paperwork, then the car is IMPOUNDED & TOWED & he is fined...so he is really poor now.

.  It just takes 1 Rookie cop who is deciding to run license plate to find out this car should not be on the road.  They get their "Brownie Points" and buddy loses his car.

• May

Don't believe everything you hear or even see ...

Couple of things:

1: To reduce costs, many - if not most - states only require a single plate any more. So that isn't unusual in itself.

2: The window sticker just indicates the last time the vehicle had a state inspection. In Maine in particular, you don't have to get a new inspection when transferring your registration, provided the old one hasn't expired. If the sticker is still valid, there's nothing wrong with leaving it there.

The last state I lived in didn't require vehicle inspections, but the previous state did. So the whole time I lived there I had a plate from one state, and an expired inspection sticker from another. It wasn't until I moved again to another state that had inspections that the expired sticker got replaced.

3: HOWEVER - it's unusual for an inspection sticker to go that long before it expires. They're not going to arrest you for driving like that, but it's technically not legal.

If you mean your friend is driving around Pennsylvania with a Maine plate on his car, that's also not legal.

I live in a State which requires a front license plate. I drive a Corvette, and I'm not putting a front plate on the car. I've been driving around "like that" for 3 years and haven't been stopped.

Is it even legal? No. Do I do it? Yes.

• skeptik

Maine allows you to leave an out of state inspection sticker on the car until it expires.
      If Pennsylvania's inspections are good for three years, there's nothing wrong with it.

It’s a google image. It has What’s known as “stupid moron” symbols. Your friend ofc, check the border of the image. It was not cropped well, a photo taken with a camera won’t have a black border, regardless of the iPhone cutting images off, that’s transparency not border. So it wouldn’t show. That image was screenshotted then cropped. 

• tom4 weeks agoReport

I did that to make it fit on here.