Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

Pick up truck was tailgating me, menacing me and threw something at my car. How should I handle this?

I was driving down a busy road near where I live and a pick up truck started to tail gate me something fierce..like just a few inches from my rear bumper. I tried to pull over but they they pulled up next to me while I was driving and they were staring into my car. Finally I kept driving and they threw something at my car before just taking off. What is the best way to handle a tailgater from the get go. I did not know what to do and so I kept driving. But they he pulls up next to me while driving and then throws something at my car which I dont' know what it was other than it was loud, What can I do next time if someone starts to tailgate me? (I did not get the license plate number.)

Should i report the incident to the police even though I have no license plate number. I am a woman and it was a man driving the truck. He was sure angry about something. I have a clearn driving record and don't look for trouble. i was terrified.

what if there is no police station nearby? I was MILES from one. 

When I've been tailgated I've pulled over and let the tailgater passed. I've also made a 3 point turn and gone back the "other way," and on one occasion I pulled into the driveway of a stranger and laid on the horn. The stranger came to the door, the tailgater took off.

I would have dialed 911.

Should’ve had a gun with you

First call the police, then keep your horn honking so to get attention, take videos of them especially their license plate number and don't drive home -- drive either to the police station or to a well lit and well populated place.

Next time get the drivers license plate number if somebody is menacing you on the highway immediately call 911 and tell them that somebody is menacing you on the highway leave your telephone and your speaker on concentrate on driving slowly and carefully perhaps the police we'll get to your location using the GPS on your telephone and catch the person behind you in the act.

i wouldve gotten the license number and called the police about it

If it ever happens again, you should drive directly to the nearest police station. I suspect they won't follow you inside to file a report in person.

• David

You can call 911, give your location and explain the situation to the dispatcher. They'll likely tell you to keep driving and will probably suggest that you drive towards the nearest police station.

• Dze

best thing to do is just try to get away from them .. engaging someone in the middle of roadrage wont go anywhere good .. if someone outright threatened me unprovoked with their vehicle theyre liable to get shot ..

• Rob1 month agoReport

I’d sure fire at them and just say it was self defense if asked about it

• .

Drive to a police station. Also, take photos of the truck when your phone if possible.

Follow him home and fu ck his wife.