Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 month ago

my husband is so ...?

i don’t feel 100% comfortable around my husband. don’t get me wrong, i trust him so much but money is everything to him and it makes me uncomfortable. as of recent i am unemployed looking for new employment and he’s always saying things like “if u break this you have to pay me back all the money” or “ this costs so much money blah blah blah”. i feel uncomfortable asking for money, even if it’s $5 for train fare to find a job. or 1$ for water. because i’m afraid he’s just going to throw it in my face. for me it’s NOT about money at all. i went a whole winter walking around with sneakers because i was too embarrassed to ask him to buy me boots for winter. but i wouldn’t ever make him feel this way. whenever i’m buying food i tell him to get anything he wants. but when he buys food i choose the cheapest items because then he’ll complain about how much it costs. and he makes alottttt more money than i ever did. triple the amount more. how should i go about this? 

ps. when i have my own money i don’t ask him for anything. if he buys me a gift i’ll accept it... carefully tho because he’ll also say sometimes that he bought me everything i own ... but whatever. 

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I threw my life away for money, it almost cost me my life, I worked, and let her be a stay at home mom, anytime she would say something about a place, I gave her more than enough to go, what she did with the left overs, who knows, She was a Damn evil person with no dreams, and more but I won't put my kids mother out there, I did everything 2 jobs, drilling rigs and construction, side jobs on days off, online retail, saved scrap metals, you name it I was doing it, except selling drugs that is Everything I did was for my family, I bought cloths for me every three years, she might not of been on my bank account yet, but I always let her know it's was for her and the kids, and she always got, spending money for cloths, etc, she wrote the checks, I just put the money in the account, let's just say Im now homeless, 150.000 dollar first home Gone.

Maybe give the guy a break life is hard, I'm sure he doing it all for you and and family.

Pointer She never sat me down to tell me her issues TALK

• Jahal

Are you a citizen? Is there a reason you can't leave him?

Sounds like a miserable existence for you.

If you have relatives or friends to stay with, maybe you should leave while you can.

Any guy who lets his wife go in the winter with only sneakers, doesn't care and is selfish.

.

Whether you're young or older, you can find someone who will care about you and want to make you happy.

• Chis

He doesn't love you.

• Judith

Get a job. Open an account in your own name. Save money. Do NOT have children by him. Leave him.

I would never have married someone like him to begin with.

You need to have your own job and back account And it appears you need to sit down together to have a open and honest talk.

maybe you should talk to him about it

I am sure he is nice

in the beginning it wasss half and half i guess. he made me pay for stuff which i didn’t mind. he would sometimes pay. i still felt uncomfortable tho idk why

• Judy

Was he like this before you got married? Have you told him how it makrs you feel? Your odds of this being a long marriage are not goot.

• Ana

She’s a freeloader, basically.