Ralph G asked in HealthOther - Health · 7 months ago

What's so wrong with Medicare?

I'm talking about what we have now, not Medicare for All.

Nothing.

People think Medicare is a system of crappy clinics. It isn’t — It’s a health insurance company. Like any large organization, there are problems and they screw stuff up sometimes. But you should see the hot mess at some of the budget rate insurance companies — my husband is a service provider and says Medicare is much more efficient.

There’s a lot of negative media talk about Medicare because it serves politicians who are against a Medicare expansion. But my parents have Medicare, and they get excellent medical care, including some very expensive long-term treatment.

We’re at a point where we have to fact check everything that comes out of any politician’s mouth — don’t just accept something because “they said”.

I was talking to a friend of mine who recently got on Medicare, and he found out that the cost of his medical supplies (medicine, diabetes supplies) and he said he'd have a hard time paying for that.

i dont see anything wrong with it

Its not "so wrong" it works pretty darn good considering and most people are pretty satisfied with it especially if they get a fill in plan along with it. It doesnt pay the providers a whole lot however.