Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

I am a nice person, not rude, loud or pushy, I also listen & am not needy, however people may at times  quickly dislike me?

What can I do?

Im sick of trying with people and still being rejected in friendship.

Abuse is not needed pleAse.

I need advice, not abuse, I’m not a bad person

• `

Ask your friends or family if there's something wrong with your approach to other people.

If you truly feel you are being overlooked, think about your past interactions with others. Is there anything you have may have done or said that could possibly be misinterpreted or misunderstood on some level? If you being disliked is the common denominator amongst others, think about your own role in these situations.

youre probably around the wrong people, i get the same thing

I mean I would need to know a lot more about you to know specifically why you may be causing dislike.  There could be something you are doing without knowing you are.

From how you described yourself, though, I might imagine that people are uncomfortable around you because you are insecure, or come off as ingratiating.  If you try to be be soemthing too much, people may feel you aren't sincere.  They are likely to forgive some injury if they feel you are genuine.  If you are just trying to not be offensive, then it has a kind of manipulative effect: you are trying to get them to like you.  Again, you didn't give us much to go on, but if true, then I would say hide your insecurity, and don't try so hard to be nice.  People will be more drawn to you if you have a strong personality, than no personality.