Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

What are the advantages of not being one of “the popular ones” at work?

Not being “hated”, just “invisible” and not “popular”

• `

You can do your job and go home. You are able to avoid office politics.

There are no distinct advantages of not being in with the popular crowd, as different personalities are impacted across various group dynamics and hierarchy situations. Both popular and non-popular colleagues can be productive, have a difficult/fulfilling day, feel satisfied/dissatisfied with their work/life balance and the list goes on. Also, there are different definitions as to what construed popular and the motivations/intentions underlying this decision-making process.

Well, you don't have to be involved in office politics. Nobody is trying to climb over you. Evidently your work is satisfactory, so your job is safe.

you have more time to do your job without their interruptions

Most people go to work to get paid, not to be liked. I couldn't care less what people thought about me. I win walking out of the door with my paycheck.