Do you think users who's answer has been reported?

(for violating rules, not neccassirly all pertaining to Yahh Answer code of conduct)

Should have some kind of detrimental or negative effect to their rating or score, on the grounds of moral justification, fairplay and? ettiquete?

Update:

typo Yahoo

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

No, not at all.

Source(s): nothing
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Questions about the answerer are not allowed on Y!A

punishing is pointless if the punished don't know what it is for

Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, because plenty of answers get reported falsely (and MANY answers get reported but not removed, because they weren't reported by enough accounts).

In the past, Trust Rating was impacted by having your post removed and not reinstated, as well as when a post you reported was (or wasn't) removed and whether or not it was reinstated.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They already get Points Removed from there Account and Yahoo does put a Strike on there Account After they get Enough Answers or Questions Deleted there Account does get Deleted

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It would be nice but I doubt it will ever happen. They used to reduce points on those who abuse the edit category feather. They would lose their level 7 and go down to a 6. But I never heard of anyone going down 2 levels. But I have seen an account kept getting suspended. It was lucky to last more than a month before it was suspended again. That person kept on making up outrageous answers to questions here.

• 1 month ago

When someone's question or answer is reported enough times by other users that computer programs remove the,question or answer from the YA display , the email account loses 10 points. If they appeal, and the appeal is denied, the account loses another 10 points. Accounts can be blocked from participating on YA for abusing the community guidelines and the terms of the terms of service contract. I saw one account go from level 7 to level 4 for vicious harassment on YA and the old suggestion board that was closed in 2014. I saw other accounts go down one or 2 levels.

Etiquette, fair play and moral may not master..it comes down to legal liability and damages. That includes violating copyrights and stealing intellectual property and violating licenses and patents, including libel and defamation.

Since Verizon stopped sending out report notice and violation notice emails over 2 years ago, except very sporadically, it has become very difficult to appeal.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They already lose 10 irrelevant points

• 1 month ago

Anyone sending death threats should be barred from using the internet.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.