how to use a coffee press?

Ground coffee is placed in the bottom of the press with the plunger extended. Boiling water is poured into the grounds, left to steep for three minutes, when the plunger is pressed to compact the grounds, and the coffee poured.

I got one as a gift many years ago, and the person receiving it for me let it set out in the rain and it ruined the package that included the instructions. I've finally figured out how to use it.

Grind coarse ground coffee. Smaller grounds can escape through the filter.

Put your coffee in the press (start with 3/4 ounce), then cover with boiling water.

Agitate the water a couple of times while brewing.

Fit the filter (press) in the container, set the lid on, and ever so slowly push the press down to capture the grounds.

Serve.

Put coffee in, pour boiling water over the top, stir with a bit, put the lid on, let it steep, push the plunger. Alton brown actually has a good tutorial on how to use a french press

if you put this question on the search bar it might show you how to do it