Lisa asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

How do i make a smooth liver pate without a blender or food processor?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

You're down to a Description mortar and pestle, that is not a bad choice. If you buy a set, you can also smoosh herbs, and some home cooks are credited with being able to make aioli in the thing. Oh, and if you're in to suffereing, you could probably use a box grater and a rolling pin and wax paper, but why?

• Lisa2 months agoReport

I just don't own a blender and i thought maybe i could pate with a knife... Ill buy the blender lol thank you!

• WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

How do i make a smooth liver PATE ... without a blender or food processor ... HUMAN LABOR .... with a Potatoes masher . then put it in a mold that resembles a BRAIN to serve at the Halloween party ..

for rhythm and mood play the song ..... "MONSTER MASH "

i was working in the lab , late one night

when my eyes beheld a eerie sight

for my monster from his slab began to rise

and suddenly to my surprise

He did the MASH the monster MASH

the monster MASH it was a graveyard SMASH

He did the MASH it caught on in a flash

He did the mash he did the monster MASH

• IvaB
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Perhaps you could use a coarse grate,followed by a fine mesh run through a food mill,or chop,cut up,or break up the liver with the pointy side of a kitchen mallet and then push it through a strainer,or sieve.

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Smash the lightly cooked livers down with a fork, If your'e looking for a smoother pate, press it through it a nylon strainer/sieve.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

mash it as best as you can then press it though a sieve. The problem will be if you are using onions, they are a bit difficult to get through the sieve. I would saute them, caramelize them until they are super soft and "jammy" they should go through just fine.

• al
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Just buy Braunschweiger already made.

• 2 months ago

Or you can cover the liver with plastic wrap or parchment paper, and  roll over it with a rolling pin.   Or even mash it with a potato masher.  

• 2 months ago

It’s often hand mashed or smoothed with a hand mixer.

• 2 months ago

Use a food mill or a fine mesh strainer

• Cara
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I don't think you can, or not satisfactorily. Get a blender!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.