Do you believe that most of the bad reviews you see on Yelp and Google are being sent by people who are very nitpicky?

I do because there was one restaurant that only got a 2 out of 5 average rating I went to and had a really good experience at that restaurant.

Right, but the thing is, I'm not nitpicky and I've left some not so nice reviews.

Just because you have a good experience, doesn't mean everyone had a good experience. A lot of people have varying experiences when going to places.

For example, there's a hospital near me. I give it a 1 star, and if I could, even less. But it overall has a decent rating (like 3.5 - 4 stars). Right, I'm not nitpicky though. See, a lot of the good reviews are like "Quick service, attentive and caring nurses, in and out in just a few short hours." Every time I have gone here I have waited 8+ hours (have NEVER waited less time), nurses are never caring - in fact are usually short, curt and eager to get you away from them, and they never actually help me. They're ALWAYS understaffed and always frustrating. So, I'm just saying. It's all about their individual experience.

please stop matey

I give them bad reviews if their owners have different political views than me.

• John

Most likely snowflakes..

Only if what they are complaining about sounds nitpicky.

When I look at a new restaurant on Yelp, I look for a few good and a few bad reviews.  If you read the bad reviews, you can judge for yourself how valid they are.  One guy gave one of my favorite places 2 stars because the waitress was late refilling his drink.  One because a big family came in and the kids were making a lot of noise.

At least you can see the criteria the reviewer used.  If you don't share his criteria, you wouldn't share his rating.  So it's a lot better than just thumbs-up and thumbs-down.